Friday Favorite- The Eyes Have It

I have discovered the secret to great eyes right here in this brilliant little gold tube. Oooh, I present you with Dolce & Gabbana mascara. Fancy, right?
I didn’t seek this mascara out, it found me. I was at Saks last weekend getting a (free) makeover, so I hadn’t worn much make-up. Some friends I was with decided to hit up the Dolce & Gabbana counter at Saks. Oh my word, that place is insane. They have hand-made Italian chandeliers, 50s movie star glam make-up mirrors, everything is black and gold and tres chic. Anyhow, the lady helping us told me I needed to try the mascara. Yawn. I have DiorShow at home (supposedly one of the best mascaras), so I wasn’t really expecting anything. Then, I looked in the mirror and BAM! Lashes for miles. They were literally touching my eyebrow! Hmmm, maybe the girls don’t get their eyelashes from daddy after all. Gimme gimme, I said and quickly snatched this little baby up. Best $27 I have spent in a long time.

Here is the mascara on the left, nothing on the right. I did NOT use an eyelash curler, that is just mascara. You do need to wiggle the wand when you use it, but if I can do it, so can you!

I have gotten so many compliments this week on my eyes, due in large part to this mascara. My friends purchased the mascara and also some lipsticks. They love the lipsticks and from what I can tell, they have amazing staying power and smell like roses. Mmmmm, maybe I need to try those out next time?

Dolce & Gabbana mascara, my favorite new make-up.
*FCC, I was not paid to write this review. Again, I paid for the product and my review reflects my thoughts only.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh la la~ looks incredible! I haven't ventured away from my standby Loreal Voluminous mascara in almost 10 years but you're tempting me.

    PS- I ran 2.4 miles today. :-) Planning for 3 on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean if I would just give up my pink and green tube I could be a whole NEW woman? With eyelashes?
    That is a $27 facelift ~:-{)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must try!!! I used DiorShow for a couple of years and then moved to the new Clinique lash doubling mascara and have liked it - but sounds like I need to try some of the D & G (is the one you are using called something specific???) And since Moon started selling Latisse in his office, of course I tried it. AMAZING!!! Love your Blog and especially your disclaimers (you make me laugh)! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.