Two is Enough

M with her cousin


This weekend my brother and sister-in-law brought their adorable 2 year old son for a quick visit. As it turned out, I got to play super aunt and super mom to my two girls and my nephew Saturday while my husband was out of town and my brother and sister-in-law enjoyed a well-deserved date. Y'all, I was WIPED at the end of the day. Dog tired. And, the kids weren't bad at all. I was just out numbered. How do all these amazing moms of more than 2 children do it? I am one of three children and always thought I would have at least three kids. Actually, I wanted four. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I decided three would be OK. While pregnant with my second daughter, I decided two was enough. Over the past two years, I began to doubt our decision. I wanted another baby. I felt like we needed another child to complete our family. Every time my baby passed another milestone-sleeping in a big girl bed, potty training, giving up the pacifier, my baby clock would start ticking. I love babies. I love everything about them. Our girls were such fantastic babies. Well, there was that whole first two months of M's life where she would scream bloody murder every day around 5 for two hours unless I held her. That was fun! However, their momma wasn't such a gem of a pregnant woman. So, I knew we were done. This weekend showed me why. As much as I love kids, I am not cut out to be a mom of three (or more). I simply don't have the energy. I was outnumbered. Thankfully, the kids were all really good, but I felt so stressed the whole time-just trying to make sure that each child got the attention they needed. I'm happy to add an extra kid for a day or two, but no more babies for us. *Also, how would I plan a homemade birthday celebration for each child if I had an extra kid to actually parent?!
Two is enough...for now. I kid! I kid!

2 comments:

  1. ONE is plenty for moi!
    Knowing you, you were trying to coordinate well planned artistic and creative activities for all three kids while baking a homemade cake, planning the next bday soiree, running 10 miles in prep for your half marathon, photographing the kiddy art stations, and balancing a bowl of eggs on your head all at the same time. ;)

    I'm sure your brother enjoyed his date night and appreciates you and your sweet, overachieving self.
    Happy Monday Elz!!
    Hugs~
    T
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say you know when you're done. I'd add that you are also REMINDED WHY you are done. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.