Perspective

Yesterday was frustrating.

As I mentioned the other day, I have been feeling "off" lately. Yesterday was one of those days, a gas tanker overturned about ten blocks away from our house. This resulted in our entire neighborhood being shut off from the hours of 11am to 7pm. My husband left for lunch and could not get home until well after dinner. It was frustrating and snarled traffic for miles. Waiting for me once I made it through the traffic was a jury summons. "What a day," I thought. When I started complaining about it, I was reminded of the good news that happened yesterday. A close friend of ours is battling cancer. She found out a few months ago that she had breast cancer, metastasized to her lymph nodes, liver, and lungs-stage 4. Since I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center for many years, I knew this was not good. She's our age and the news was devastating. But, she's been fighting like hell and yesterday got her latest scan results- the largest tumor shrunk to less than a third of the original size and several of the smaller tumors are not visible anymore. GREAT NEWS. It really put things in perspective. I can complain about the frustrating things that happen in my life, or I can rejoice in my life.

Yesterday was a good day. Yesterday was full of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.