Year in Review

Linda posted her year in review again this year, and I thought I'd join in, stop by her blog to see everyone's responses.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Run, for real.
Take a helicopter ride.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Yes, I actually did really well. I set the bar pretty low: make a new recipe each month and learn to sew-check and check! In 2010 I resolve to finish my painting projects and finish at least one craft/decor project a month.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, our friends Tara and Tobin and Heidi and J.M.


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit?

None outside the US, but we finally made it to Hawaii!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Patience.



7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Maybe when my youngest was potty trained, but there was no specific day, just a week?

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Meeting personal goals, like learning to sew and running a distance.


9. What was your biggest failure? Losing my patience with my kids and feeling like I failed them. 


10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing too serious, some sinus infections, allergies, and knee issues.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I'm guessing it will be my ticket to the National Championship Game. But, until then, the tickets to Hawaii, helicopter ride in Hawaii, Britney Spears concert ticket, and my cheetah print shoes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My kids, overall, they are good kids.



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Fellow co-worker who is supremely lazy and terrible at her job. Yet, she continues to get praise and even a bonus! Galling.

14. Where did most of your money go?

The mortgage, preschool, high pockets.

15. What did you get really excited about? Britney Spears concert. National Championship Game and football season! Trip to Hawaii. My friend Amanda's surprise visit and new baby!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Single Ladies



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? Slightly Thinner.
– richer or poorer? Same, I think

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Take time for myself and spend more time with the kids. I know, no way I could do both.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Losing my temper with the kids.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At our home, with the kids and my parents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

I fall in love with my husband and kids in a new way every day, awww.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Project Runway and Glee-tie!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a pretty strong word. I try not to hate, there are people I dislike though.

24. What was the best book you read?
We've had fun reading the Madeline books this year at bedtime.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I finally bought an ipod!

26. What did you want and get?

Britney concert ticket, National Championship Game tickets, and my copper coffee table.

27. What did you want and not get?
A bonus at work.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince and Confessions of a Shopaholic. What can I say? my tastes run the gamut!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I think I worked that day and then there was take-out of some sort, 34.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less tax payment, more take home pay?

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Retro with a classic twist.

32. What kept you sane? Working out. Friends, especially those with kids for my kids to play with.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, Julian McMahon.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare.

35. Who did you miss?

My kids when we were in Hawaii. My friends Amanda, Brooke, my sister and my brother.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Tricia; she's one of those people that is too nice to hate even though they are so accomplished, pretty, and pulled together.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
You can only control your actions.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
My girls love dancing to "Party in the USA," so "throw my hands up, they're playing my song, butterflies fly away. Yeaa--aah, Party in the USA." that's what I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.