Love Thursday-First Day Mommy Love

Monday was the first day of school so I did school pictures by our chalkboard. That's chalk dust on the floor, not dirt! Since I've decided to keep my girls hidden from the blog, I'm not showing you their faces, but take it from me their faces had huge smiles. Just look at these toesies. (Shoe idea stolen from Mir-cute, huh?). All ready for Monday's first day of school- 1st grade and PreK. My first grader, Em in the pink sandals, wears a uniform every day and she looks so grown-up. In fact, she asked my husband to drop her off at the foot of the stairs today instead of walking her to the room. What's next? Drop her off a block from school so her friends can't see how uncool we are?! sniff sniff... I can't believe how fast she's grown and how much she loves learning. M (in pink glitter shoes) is ready to take on the world. Thank God she's got another year before Kindergarten. I don't think I can handle both of them in elementary school yet.
How can you describe the first day of school mommy feelings? I keep thinking about a song I used to sing growing up that applies to my girls: "I am a Promise, I am a possibility. I am a promise, with a capital P. I am a great big bundle of Potentiality. And, I am learnin' to hear God's voice. And I am tryin' to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be."
Love is seeing the promise and the possibility, even if seeing it makes you sad for the time gone by. Hope your Love Thursday is full or Promise and Possibility.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww... adorable tootsies, indeed!

    My daughter's school went to uniforms just last year, and supposedly had so many "problems" (who knows) that the uniform code was a LOT more specific this year. Like, now closed-toe shoes are required (okay, I can see the logic, despite how hot it is here...) and it specifies socks IN EITHER BLACK OR WHITE. Other colors are considered a violation. What the wha...?

    So glad Em gets to rock out in her hot pink sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a super cute idea to take pix of their shoes. It's inevitable that they'll want to do things on their own. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are obviously some happy feet. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little feet. :) No open-toe shoes at N's school at all so she's in socks and sneakers.
    Happy Friday Elz!!
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.