Summer Pesto Pasta

We had one of our favorite dinners tonight and I had to share it. It's our summer Macadamia Nut Pesto. I got this recipe at one of my Bridal showers from Tammy, a friend we haven't seen in far too long. I wonder if she knows how often we use her recipe? We love it. Our girls are still undecided-it's green, mama! Be warned, the recipe makes a TON of food. I think you need a ton because this is better the second and third days. It supposedly freezes well for up to 3 months; although it's never made it that long in our house.


1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (fresh makes a difference)

3/4 cup olive oil

4 ounces macadamia nuts

1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves

4 peeled garlic cloves

1/2 tsp coarse salt

1 tsp crushed red pepper



In food processor, combine all above ingredients until a paste forms. You can eat the pesto as is on bread or make it a meal by adding grilled chicken, cut into cubes, and combine with pasta.



3 comments:

  1. I could eat macadamias all day...I love them! I am definitely going to try this recipe for Macadamia Nut Pesto asap! I might even throw in a bit of coriander for an asian touch.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous, I can hardly wait to try it, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! that looks awesome! I LOVe macadamias! thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.