Friday Favorite- Missoni for Target


My love for Target designer collaborations combines my love for fashion and saving money (and Target). Unlike Orla Kiely and Liberty of London (previous Target collaborations), I do not own anything from Missoni. Although I regularly drool over their line. I love the designs and merging of colors and shapes. Unfortunately buying an entire closet full of Missoni doesn't jibe with my daily life or budget. I first heard Target was teaming up with Missoni a few months ago and anxiously awaited the result. I saw the first sneak peek at T&Lo's site and squealed with Glee. I want it ALL. I love it. (OK, really just the sweater and clutch in this outfit-that's a bit much).





I love the designer collaborations with Target (the ones that have worked have worked well). I think it's such a great way for designers to diversify and open their market up in a way that allows fashion houses to reach a larger audience in a way that gives them complete control over the way their product looks. (As opposed to knock offs like Forever 21 or similar retailers that do little more than steal others' artistic vision.) I think fashion should be more than just something nice to look at, or post to an inspiration board. Fashion should be attainable and wearable and liveable. That's just what this collection is. I'll be there first thing September 13th, how about you?!


Missoni for Target- my Friday Favorite


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.