Half Marathon-Done!


My Half Crazy Half Marathon

I finally managed to finish a half-marathon (Angie's Half Crazy! Half Marathon). Take that #32 on the Life List! After registering for (and missing) three other races, I actually managed to get to the starting line and finish a half-marathon. Thank God. I'm proud that I finished the race. That said, I'm an overachiever and know I have a lot of room for improvement- I was much slower than I wanted. I thought I ran my goal time of 2:30. (I would do the winning dance if I could run a 2:15.) It turns out that I was almost 10 minutes slower and ended up with a 2:39. Bummer. But, I was really dragging those last few miles, so that makes sense. I mean really dragging. D-r-a-g-g-i-n-g. I'm feeling really tired and sore, but happy that I finished my first half-marathon. I'm ready for the next race...just not too soon.


For those of you planning on running a half-marathon, here are a few things I learned along the way, besides the obvious ones like hydrate as much as possible: a cute running skirt will make you feel much better while racing, it doesn't make you run faster though..., A good running play list is essential, I'd still be on mile 9 without Ludacris, Britney, Eminem, and Kanye (I can't help it, I love 'em). The distance between miles 11-13.1 is longer than 2.1 miles. Truth.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YYYYAAAAYYYY~ so excited for you!! It was all of that white wine you drank with me on Saturday afternoon that helped. ;)
    Your proud friend~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled upon your blog from another I follow. Congrats on the marathon!! I start my first running club in a few weeks and am equal parts excited and terrified!

    Looking forward to keeping up with your blog! :)
    Hook 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is a such a wonderful feeling, and I totally agree with you about the running skirt. Sometimes I like to wear mine all day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.