The Finish Line

A New Year, A New Me?
Everyone is talking about resolutions. The gym is full of people. The refrigerator at work is full of salads. All the magazines are telling me how to lose weight, redecorate, a "New Me! a New You!" I know people who have made vision boards and inspiration boards and picked words to guide their year. I usually make a few lofty goals and then beat myself up if I don't stick to my promise to myself. This year I really thought about what I needed to do, what I wanted to accomplish, what would help me grow. It didn’t take long for me to come up with my answer. Instead of starting something new, I need to finish. I start LOTS of projects. I’m not finished decorating any room in my house yet. I wasn’t able to race in either of the two half marathons I signed up for last year. I have tons of scrapbook stuff for the girls and have only made 3 or 4 pages. Even at work, I end up starting way too many projects for my clients and then get stressed out because I have to finish them all in a short period of time. I need to FINISH. So, that’s my goal for the year. To finish. I intend to finish. I want to finish some decorating; finish a number of craft projects; and, of course, finish at least one race. I think if I can remember to finish what I am working on, it will help me START so much more.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great goal. I am the same way. I always have such good intentions at the beginning of the year. We need to pace ourselves :)

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Elz~ this is your year to finish lots of stuff!! Even if you're not doing either race with me (boo hoo), you'll finish other races and other projects, I'm sure of it.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS~ we could jump in and start and finish a bottle of wine together!! :)
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about the bottle of wine at the end... and maybe a little Whine to go along with it.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.