Tuesday Thoughts

I missed Monday Musings because I was musing, musing a lot about my baby away at camp. Oh my heart. I take full credit for any angsty mommy feelings I have-I caused them all. I brought up the idea for camp, found the camps, packed the bags, paid the money, etc. My 7 year old is at her first sleep-away camp. She's at the same Girl Scout camp my sister and I attended when we were little. I know she's having a great time. I know she's far too busy to write home. I'm just having a hard time adjusting to life without her (even for a few days). I've had that little voice and smile around for seven years. Being away from her is hard. (Seriously, sniff, mah baybee) The camps have all these questions about whether or not your kid is ready for sleep-away camp, they should have had questions for the parents! My daughter would leave for college now if she could, little Miss Independent. I've got to suck it up to prepare for her leaving for a two week camp in July. Eep.

In other news, I signed my younger daughter up for a theater day camp. She's got quite a flair for performing and literally sings all the live long day. I thought it would be nice for her to have a special camp while her big sister was away for her camp. I could not have imagined how perfect the theater camp would be for M. To say that M loves theater camp is an understatement. I think she's found her calling. It's as if all the lights turned on for her and they are all Broadway lights. I'm glad, but y'all, there are stage moms at this camp. I do not understand-it's a half day camp for 4-6 year olds, is it really that big of a deal?! Geez. Being a pushy stage mom is not in my genetic material!

It's been a weird few days, watching my independent girlie become even more independent and watching my little one shine in ways I couldn't have imagined. Oh, and planning a big birthday bash that makes me think of this phrase "My colors are Blush and Bashful." "Your colors are Pink and Pink." More to come on Blush & Bashful. Let's just say the party I'm working on was one I never thought I'd host. The things we do for our kids (see above).




2 comments:

  1. Those sweet little girlie girls. Can't believe you let her go away to camp~ you're a brave mom Elz!! Mine is gone for 2 nights to see her grandparents in Canada and I'm missing her like crazy on day one.
    Can't wait to hear about both of their experiences at their summer camps.
    xo~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always hard to let the birdies out of the nest. You are doing your job momma bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.