Easter Breakfast Casserole

I think it might be a Southern rule that every household has a breakfast casserole recipe. This one is mine (technically, it's from my husband's aunt). It's ridiculously easy and open to interpretation- you like onions? put em in, how about peppers-that too...The world is your breakfast casserole.


Breakfast Casserole

6 eggs

2 cups milk

1 tsp dry mustard

2-6 slices of bread, broken (you can use any bread, I used a baguette on Sunday)

*You can substitute hash browns or tater tots for the bread

1 tsp salt

1 lb sausage, cooked and chopped (any kind)

1 cup grated mixed cheese

Combine all ingredients, pour into a greased 9x12 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. That's it. It's so easy it's ridiculous. And, so good. I usually make this for holidays and will mix the ingredients (let the sausage cool before adding to the eggs) and let it sit in the refrigerator while we go to Mass. This is a no-fail, one dish, awesome addition to your brunch table. You can thank me later!

5 comments:

  1. omg - can you believe that I've never had a breakfast casserole? This looks so delicious - you Southern girls are so lucky! Thank you for posting as I will try this out soon. Just followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, a dish even I can make. My family thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I'll have to give it a try this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, this might just be dinner tonight...looks fantastic! thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a breakfast casserole recipe and was honestly just telling jparks how I wish I did for holiday mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.