The Best Gift I Ever Got


The Power of Wonder Woman (Underoos)

My post on the Best Gift I Ever Gave got me thinking about the best gift I ever got. Wonder Woman Underoos, not once but twice. See that picture? That's me circa 1979. My first pair of Wonder Woman Underoos. Y'all, I LOVED those things. I can not adequately convey how much I loved those Underoos. I love Wonder Woman; in part because she stands for feminism-a woman who handles things on her own and saves the day. (This is also one of the major reasons I love the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" tv series so much.) Also, Wonder Woman has cool accessories.

I don't know how often I wore the Underoos, but it was enough that my mom washed them every day and the poor things just feell appart. Poor little 1970s synthetic fabric, I hardly knew ye! Fast forward many years to 2005 and I'm home for Christmas with my unsuspecting husband. I open my gift from my dad and ...it's Adult Wonder Woman Underoos! No kidding. BEST Christmas present ever. You can thank me for not posting the picture of me modeling the Underoos over my clothes. No, seriously, thank me. It was the best gift because my dad thought of it all on his own. He remembered how much I loved the first pair back in the 70s and knew I would love an adult version. I don't collect Wonder Woman memorabilia and had not gotten any Wonder Woman item in decades, which made the gift so much more meaningful. He knew I would love them, and I do.

Now all I need is a golden lasso and Lynda Carter hair and I'm all set!

4 comments:

  1. That picture is priceless Elz and must become your profile pic! What a fun gift to receive all those years later.

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and here's to 2011.
    Hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-ddamnit that is GENIUS.

    OMG!

    Best. Memory. EVER.

    Wonder Woman underoos FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had those same Underoos. It seems like they were bought at the grocery store. Weird. I also had some R2D2 ones, but that doesn't seem very girly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely
    enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
    My web blog ; amber leaf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.